Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Giving Back

I love giving back to my community.  I enjoy volunteering.  When my kids were in elementary school, (2010-2018) I was involved with their classes.  I came in once a week and helped the students with spelling, math, etc.  whatever they were currently working on.  I was a Mystery Reader a few times during Dr. Seuss week.  My favorite thing to do was being a chaperone for field trips.  I've been to the Philadelphia Zoo, Gettysburg, camping and other trips.
I've been a Girl Scout leader for my daughter's troop since Feb 2012.  I also volunteer at our local community library about 2-3 times a  month for about 2 hours each shift.
Our library also hosts a Spring Fling Silent Auction.  Businesses and individuals donate items for guests to bid on.  I've donated things throughout the years.  In the past, it was crocheted items, like afghans and 13 inch dolls that I crocheted outfits for.  This year, I sewed up a few items. I donated 2 different sets.  First, was a drawstring bag, with a zipper pouch and travel tissue packet holder.  The other one, was a cinch sac in Minnie Mouse print with a zipper pouch.
I think it's very important to give back to our communities.  This past Saturday our United Way hosted their annual Day of Caring.  For the 2nd year in a row, our Girl Scout troop participated.  We headed over to the next town and picked up litter at a park.  It was fun and as a treat, we went to Wendy's for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment