Saturday, July 13, 2019

Fair Time!

The Lebanon Area Fair is fast approaching!  Hannah and I will be turning in our entries on Friday.  So exciting!  She is turning in one pencil drawing and one pencil crayon drawing, a pillow, recycle item (accessory item) which she made a zipper pouch out of old jeans and a recycle item, she turned a kitchen item into an earring holder and she decorated a clay flower pot.  I still have some baking to do. I will be submitting peanut brittle, 3 drop cookies banana bread and machine bread.  I have all of my other items finished.  Which I didn't think was going to be possible.  I wanted to do a rippled afghan and I had one started a few months ago.  I picked up where I had stopped but apparently I was using the wrong size crochet hook!  So, on July 4th, I started a zippered afghan from scratch.  I binged  watched Beverly Hills 90210 while I stayed focused on the afghan.  I have that finished and also completed a granny square afghan.  I am also entering in one of my jean baskets, an apron and a jean picnic blanket.  I can't wait for the fair.  Saturday we will see what we won.  It's fun to win, but I also like that 1000's of people see our work.

Hannah sold some of her hand sewn pillows and she was excited!  As a typical 14 year old, she spent some of the money on make-up but she did buy more polyfill stuffing to make more pillows. 

Check out my Etsy shop. You will find items that I have made and of course, Hannah's pillows.  

www.etsy.com/shop/craftscrappy

No comments:

Post a Comment